Abatement Technologies is a leading manufacturer of HEPA-based air filtration and construction containment equipment for critical environments such as healthcare facilities, asbestos abatement and disaster restoration sites. Abatement Technologies also manufactures rapid deployment patient isolation equipment designed to convert standard patient rooms into isolation rooms for patients with airborne illnesses. The company currently has 12 sites across Canada and 1 in the US with products sold in over 50 countries around the world.
Since its founding in 1985, Abatement Technologies has been helping contractors remove harmful particulates from the air and improve indoor air quality (IAQ). Getting its start in asbestos removal, Abatement Technologies has been providing products to more than tens of thousands of environmental abatement and HVAC contractors, commercial building owners, facility managers, and hospital infection control specialists. Since the early 2000s, the company has been manufacturing its own negative air and air filtration equipment, and in 2022, the company launched its staple product – the SHIELD WALL™ temporary containment solution.
With several product brands under the Abatement Technologies name, the company needed to develop messaging that would not only encompass the importance of their solutions but would address the unique requirements of its target industries. Furthermore, the company wanted to raise awareness about the importance of maintaining IAQ and the health effects associated with containment.
Prior to launching its SHIELD WALL™ containment solution in early spring of 2022, Abatement Technologies selected DPR Group for its track record in building brand awareness through media relations and content development. In collaboration with Abatement’s marketing team, DPR Group helped develop a strategy for the launch of the new product and to support further growth and acquisitions. Within the new product launch campaign, DPR Group developed a press release, several successful customer case studies, blogs, and white papers, among other high value content pieces. By 2023, DPR Group assisted Abatement Technologies in gaining media coverage about its new global headquarters in Ontario and a new partnership that is bringing rental containment options to the construction industry. With its accelerated growth, Abatement Technologies is leveraging DPR Group to create compelling brand messaging for its new website and the upcoming launch of a new brand under the Abatement umbrella.
Throughout the partnership, DPR Group has secured over 50 features for Abatement Technologies in various trade publications including:
- Healthcare Facilities Today
- Medical Construction & Design
- Restoration & Remediation
- Canadian Healthcare Facilities
- The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration News
- Facilities Management Advisor
- EHS Daily Advisor
- Canadian Journal of Infection Control
In addition, DPR Group has successfully helped to position Abatement Technologies as industry experts through more than 10 press releases, 30 blogs, and several white papers, eBooks, and case studies. Some of the blogs that DPR Group has drafted for Abatement include a diverse range of topics such as:
- Choosing the Right Containment Cart for the Job
- ICRA 2.0 – Controlling the Spread of HAIs During Construction in Critical Healthcare Environments
- Key Tools for Mold Remediation and Air Quality
- The Challenge of Removing Ceiling Tiles While Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Work is Performed in Sensitive Environments
- Managing IAQ in Commercial Building During Wildfire Season
- How to Clean, Decontaminate, and Disassemble Abatement Technologies’ SHIELD WALL™
- The Tools for Asbestos Abatement
- Winterization Checklist: How to Prepare Your Building for Winter