Re-establishing Brand Leader with New Name in North America
Cimcorp Group is a leading global supplier of turnkey automation for intralogistics, using advanced robotics and software technologies in the tire, food & beverage, retail, e-commerce, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), and postal services industries.
With locations in Finland, Canada and the United States, the group has approximately 400 employees and has delivered over 2,500 logistics automation solutions around the world. Cimcorp’s systems are used within manufacturing and distribution centers in 40 countries across five continents. Cimcorp Group – comprising Cimcorp Oy in Finland, Cimcorp Automation Ltd. in Canada and Cimcorp USA, Inc. in the United States – is part of Murata Machinery, Ltd., the fourth biggest logistics automation supplier in the world with more than 1.6 billion euros in annual sales.
On Jan. 1, 2015, Cimcorp Automated Ltd. was created to represent the recently acquired Grimsby, Ontario, Canada–based RMT Robotics. The veteran, industry-recognized innovator in robotics materials handling was faced with an uphill battle to maintain its reputation as RMT Robotics through a complete rebrand in the final phase of the acquisition by Cimcorp Oy.
The respected, but comparatively much smaller-profile Canadian entity was concerned that the great gains of embracing the Cimcorp brand would be utterly offset by the loss of the firm’s most valued commodity – the trusted brand of RMT Robotics. Specifically, Cimcorp executives feared a lack of name recognition among North American industry players would result in lost deals and missed opportunities.
The company needed help to build the Cimcorp brand on this side of the Atlantic, both in Canada and as it eyed a significant expansion into the United States. Company executives retained DPR Group based on our in-depth expertise, experience and proven track record in supply chain and logistics public relations and marketing.
- Position RMT Robotics for a successful rebranding as Cimcorp Automated Ltd.
- Introduce Cimcorp to the North American market.
- Increase media coverage with warehouse automation and supply chain trade, business and technology media.
- Build additional credibility for Cimcorp by developing and pitching high-quality customer success stories to targeted media outlets.
In order to establish and elevate awareness of Cimcorp’s brand, DPR Group coordinated public relations campaigns for significant company events: the unveiling of Cimcorp to North America, the roll out of Cimcorp’s 3D shuttle (a goods-to-man automatic storage and retrieval solution) at ProMat 2015 and the opening of Cimcorp’s first U.S. office (Cimcorp USA) during the 2016 MODEX trade show. Further, DPR Group maintained a steady distribution of news releases to notify key media of new product launches, new hires and promotions, event attendance, and speaking sessions by Cimcorp executives.
To establish Cimcorp’s credibility as a thought leader in the area of robotic gantry systems, DPR Group placed a series of bylined articles by Cimcorp executives in publications such as Modern Materials Handling, Target Magazine, Plant Engineering, New Equipment Digest, Robotic Magazine, Beverage World, Manufacturing Business Technology, Tire Technology International, IndustryWeek, Industry Today and Supply & Demand Chain Executive.
DPR Group also developed case studies about Kroger, L’Oréal and Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc. to promote Cimcorp’s successes. Specifically, the L’Oréal case study generated media coverage in Logistics Manager, inspired a presentation with L’Oréal at ProMat 2017 and spurred Cimcorp’s selection as a Modern Materials Handling 2017 Productivity Achievement Award Winner for the Warehousing/Distribution category.
Since Cimcorp’s successful North American brand roll out in 2015, the company continues to achieve significant revenue and employee growth and boasts a number of successful client implementations in target markets. As the company has grown, so has DPR Group’s role and level of service to Cimcorp.
While DPR Group sought to inform the firm’s North American target audience – via the business, trade and technology media – about RMT Robotics’ transition to the Cimcorp brand, DPR staffers also worked inside the company to help bridge the gap between North American and Finnish language nuances. This has allowed a united Cimcorp to harmonize the strengths of each individual branch into a single, global marketing entity.
Notably, Cimcorp has engaged DPR Group to implement an inbound marketing campaign designed to generate additional leads and further Cimcorp’s impressive growth both within North America and globally. Working in close cooperation with Cimcorp’s North American and Finnish divisions, DPR Group is developing a full range of content – articles, blogs, white papers, tip sheets – as part of an inbound marketing campaign offensive.
DPR Group Achievements
- Established the brand’s reputation in North America as a leading provider of automated warehouse systems for food & beverage, tire distribution, and goods-to-person manufacturers by disseminating a steady stream of positive news stories about Cimcorp.
- Positioned and promoted company executives as thought leaders in the areas of robotic gantry systems with the placement of ghostwritten articles in the trade media.
- Secured high-value media coverage of Cimcorp and its executives through press releases, case studies and contributed articles.
- Leveraged the L’Oréal customer success story to secure media coverage, inspire a presentation at ProMat 2017 and help Cimcorp win the Modern Materials Handling 2017 Productivity Achievement Award for the Warehousing/Distribution category.
- Created compelling content for Cimcorp’s in-house publication: Flow Magazine.
“The key factor for Cimcorp when choosing a PR firm was finding representation that could create well-written, persuasive content and elevate brand recognition for the company in our industry. DPR exceeds our expectations and helps us beyond content creation. They have become a reliable resource for many of our global marketing initiatives.”
– Lori Vaughan, Marketing Communications Manager, Cimcorp North America