Omnichain Solutions in the News:
Up the Chain
- Covetrus, a Dublin, Ohio-based global provider of animal health technology and services, appointed Matthew Leonard as executive vice president, president North America, and global supply chain officer. After more than two decades of service at Covetrus, Leonard now leads North American customer operations and manages the company’s global manufacturer relationships.
- To bring products closer to its customers, Shell Lubricants is opening a new distribution center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. North American 3PL provider Kenco Logistics will manage the 455,000-square-foot facility.
- NFI Industries, a supply chain solutions provider, bought SCR Air Services, an intermodal-focused brokerage company.
- Alliant Energy Transportation, a subsidiary of Alliant Energy Corp. that provides freight services, purchased Business Transportation Solutions and Hybrid Transit Systems. Both companies are transportation brokers.
- The Rhenus Group, a logistics service provider, acquired Canadian-based customized logistics solutions specialist Rodair.
- Symbia Logistics, a warehousing, logistics, and e-commerce fulfillment company, purchased iD Commerce + Logistics, a third-party logistics and e-commerce fulfillment provider.
- Canadian National Railway Company acquired Manitoba-based TransX, one of the oldest trucking companies in Canada.