DPR Group Promotes Greasezilla as a Transformative Product in the Clean Technology Sector

Greasezilla is the most cost-effective, environmentally friendly system for separating fats, oils & grease (FOG) from commercial restaurants & regulated industries

Frederick, Md.— January 28, 2020—DPR Group, Inc., a full-service public relations and marketing agency serving a broad range of high-tech companies, announced that it is overseeing the public relations (PR) and marketing strategies for Downey Ridge Environmental Company to promote its breakthrough product: Greasezilla™. Greasezilla’s patented hydronic thermal separation and conversion technology manages FOG (fats, oils & grease) while reclaiming an advanced biofuel that can be used as a substitute for fuel oil No. 5 and No. 6 or as a biodiesel feedstock.

DPR Group CEO Dan Demaree (left), Greasezilla President Ron Crosier (middle) and Executive Vice President Brian Levine (right) at WEFTEC 2019

Every year, grease costs municipalities billions of dollars in clogs, equipment damage and sewer line repair. A byproduct of preparation in restaurants, cafeterias, and other commercial eateries, FOG creates serious problems when it enters the sewer system and adheres to pipes. FOG not only affects the performance of wastewater treatment facilities, but also environmentally and financially impacts communities from cleanup due to pipe blockages, sewer backups or burst pipes. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), from 23,000 to 75,000 Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSO) occur each year and the majority are caused by FOG. The Greasezilla system can process up to 40,000 gallons of grease trap waste per day and produce up to 7.5 million gallons of fuel per year.

Greasezilla is transforming the way FOG waste is handled in communities across the globe. The system sits ahead of wastewater treatment facilities and can process up to 40,000 of raw grease trap waste per day, requiring no additives, additional processing or blending or fossil fuels. After separation has taken place, the brown grease is pumped into holding tanks while the remaining water content, which is pasteurized and nearly free of all suspended solids, is now safe for discharge into the waste water treatment facility.

Perhaps the most unique and innovative part of Greasezilla’s solution is that it generates new tipping revenue fees for publicly owned treatment works (POTWs) and large haulers since the rich brown grease layer can be sold as an advanced biofuel. In fact, Greasezilla’s entire FOG separation process is powered by 5% of the same rich brown grease harvested, leaving the other 95% available for other usage or resale.

Greasezilla's patented FOG separation process
Greasezilla’s Patented FOG Separation Technology

DPR Group started working with Greasezilla in the fall of 2019, with the goal securing of high-profile publicity about Greasezilla in a wide variety of targeted media outlets and industry publications. In a short period of time, the DPR Group staff has secured media coverage in American Liquid Waste, World Water: Stormwater Management, Water Journal, Water World, Advanced Biofuels USA, Biodiesel Magazine, Modern Equipment Manufacturer, Energy News Today, Water & Wastes Digest and a number of other high-profile publications. In addition, DPR Group has offered support for Greasezilla at industry events.

Notably, DPR Group promoted two new municipal client projects with press releases that demonstrate Greasezilla’s rapid growth and acceptance in the marketplace:

  • Greasezilla Selected to be the FOG Separation Technology in the Danbury, Connecticut Wastewater Treatment Center.
  • Hampton Road Sanitation District Selects Greasezilla as the FOG Separation Technology for its Nansemond Treatment Plant.

Brian Levine, executive vice president, Greasezilla, said, “The DPR Group team has done an outstanding job of working with our executives to build greater brand recognition for the patented Greasezilla system across a range of potential customers and partners. Due to the constant stream of publicity, we are receiving high-quality inquiries from throughout North America, Europe and Asia. We consider DPR Group to be a key partner in our continued growth!”

Dan Demaree, founder & CEO, DPR Group, said, “We are truly honored to work with Greasezilla, a technology that is at the forefront of solving the global problem of FOG separation and disposal in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible way. We are thrilled to have Greasezilla as the cornerstone of DPR Group’s Clean Technology practice area.”

To learn more about Greasezilla, please go to its website: www.greasezilla.com . To see a short video of the system in operation, go to: http://greasezilla.com/videos/ .