CX North America Information Systems, Inc. (CX North America) provides freight collaboration solutions for the transportation management sector in the United States, Canada and Mexico. CX North America offers carriers, brokers and third-party logistics (3PLs) providers Software as a Service that creates a single view of their fleet and partner networks on any desktop or mobile device. Notably, the solution enables real-time communication with carriers and drivers via the CX North America Driver Mobile app and provides real-time visibility over freight operations at anytime from anywhere through its Freight Vision Mobile App. Both are available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
When CX North America approached DPR Group to introduce the company and its solutions to the North American market, the stakes were high. Competition within the $700+ billion North American transportation technology industry is intense. With deep-pocketed upstarts such as Amazon and Uber reportedly ready to muscle their way into the shipping express lane, CX North America could not afford to go unnoticed. The company needed to communicate that it was geared up and ready to shift the freight transportation market to the next level.
In order to maximize media coverage for the rollout in North America, DPR Group recommended that CX North America, a subsidiary of the United Kingdom–based Transportation Exchange Group, take part in a “soft launch” in January to get the buzz started, and then make a “hard launch” for a bigger splash at the April 2017 Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) conference in Las Vegas.
- Establish CX North America’s reputation as a leading provider of freight transportation and logistics software solutions by producing and distributing a steady stream of positive news about the company.
- Garner media attention and interest in CX North America in the business and transportation markets by cultivating relationships with editors, reporters and bloggers who cover freight transport and logistics.
- Build media momentum leading up to CX North America’s formal North American launch at the April 2017 TIA conference in Las Vegas.
To help create name and brand recognition, CX North America drew upon DPR Group’s extensive success in assisting European companies establish a presence in the U.S. marketplace. The DPR Group staff formulated a public relations and marketing plan to raise awareness about the company and its solutions among targeted transportation, supply chain and vertical publications.
With a series of press releases designed to build momentum, DPR Group’s media relations pros delivered a steady stream of news about CX North America throughout the period leading up to the TIA conference. Pre-conference publicity culminated in a press release from the conference itself announcing the formal launch of CX North America’s freight collaboration platform. DPR pre-pitched all of the editors, reporters and bloggers scheduled to attend TIA to arrange for in-person interviews with CX North America’s president and CEO and senior vice president of marketing.
DPR Group secured coverage for CX North America in top publications, such as Supply & Demand Chain Executive, Journal of Commerce, Today’s Trucking, Canadian Shipper, Expediters Online, Material Handling & Logistics, Fleet Owner and Freight Business Journal, among others.
CX North America made a strong debut, with numerous prospects, journalists and influencers visiting its booth and learning about the differentiators that make its solutions unique.
DPR Group’s extensive experience and deep expertise launched another international company in North America, building a strong presence for their products and services in their target marketplaces and creating a foundation for long-term credibility in a new geography. Whether working exclusively in the United States or collaboratively with PR agencies in other countries, DPR Group has proven to be a reliable partner for high-tech companies from around the globe.
DPR Group Achievements
- Established the credibility of CX North America as a company and differentiated its freight management solutions in a competitive technology space by securing numerous media placements with high-value business and trade media outlets.
- Achieved two pre-conference objectives articulated by the president and CEO: a bylined article placement in Supply & Demand Chain Executive and a briefing with industry analyst Adrian Gonzalez. A third objective, a bylined article placement in SupplyChainBrain, followed by the TIA conference.
- Created pervasive, high-profile exposure for CX North America before, during and after the show, resulting in numerous client prospects, journalists and industry influencers visiting the company’s booth at its TIA debut.
- Positioned CX North America as a “rising star” to the business and transportation markets.
“Finding the right public relations partner for your business is never easy with too many agencies over-promising but under-performing. I am very happy to say DPR Group is different. Dan, Jeanne and the team have delivered great results from the very start and have become a highly valued extension to our in-house marketing and communications team. Working with DPR Group, we have been able to significantly accelerate our launch and growth in the North American market.”
– Simon Bunegar, senior vice president of marketing, CX North America Information Services, Inc.